Our Executive MBA delivers an intense transformational experience, provides new perspectives, changes your mindset, boosts careers and prepares you for the challenges of the modern business world.
IFM Executive MBA (EMBA)
Our Executive MBA format is designed for professionals, executives, high-potential managers and entrepreneurs who want to take their career to the next level. This accredited programme is ranked 4th in the world and 2nd in Switzerland by CEO Magazine.
The IFM EMBA is a highly practice-relevant programme that focuses on your success. The IFM pioneering curriculum provides you with global advanced perspectives, new concepts, transferable skills, practical tools, a digital and sustainable mindset as well as a distinct way of approaching business. This new knowledge will give you an immediate impact in your organisation. Among other things, this programme develops leadership and strategic skills and transforms you into a modern and successful manager. You will be able to think differently, manage projects, implement changes, create strategies and make decisions. You will be fully prepared to meet the challenges of a complex international business environment.
The IFM EMBA opens doors to senior management and entrepreneurial excellence. It delivers the experiences and skills needed to become an effective leader. Did you know that 42 CEOs of the Fortune top 100 companies hold MBA degrees? And that 96% of these companies have MBA graduates in their near-term hiring plans. Are you ready to invest in yourself and become part of an exclusive club?
• Accreditations : ACBSP, IACBE, EDUQUA
• Ranking : ranked 4th in the world and 2nd in Switzerland by CEO Magazine 2022
• Degree awarded : Master of Business Administration
• Credits : 50 credits CH/ US (60 ECTS)
• Format : 2 : traditional on-campus or hybrid
• Duration : 10 months I Courses (9 months) + Action learning project (1 month)
• Schedule : 3 days per month (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
• Number of courses : 12
• Excellent ratio : professor / student : 1 / 6
• Language : courses taught in English.
• Small classes : our classes average 15 students to promote exchange, class interaction, team work.
• 2 intakes per year in October and March
Our EMBA curriculum has been revamped and now offers a mix of unmissable and new modern MBA courses to provides you with new skills and boost your career. It includes 12 courses and an action learning business project.
01. Business Negotiation
02. Business Strategy
03. Business Project Management
04. Digital Transformation
05. Global Management
06. Global Marketing
07. International Business
08. Leadership & Organisation
09. Managerial Accounting
10. Managerial Finance
11. Managing Change & Innovation
12. Sustainable Business & Finance
Our unique real business approach provides you with new business perspectives. You will be able to think differently, manage projects, implement changes, create strategies, lead a team and make decisions. You will be prepared for any challenge you will face in your career.
• Invest in yourself : You will increase your earning potential and create career opportunities.
• Experiential learning : Our MBA degree is interactive and experiential, using a combination of case studies, group exercises, discussions, project work and business simulations. The curriculum gives you real-life business skills.
• Real business exposure : The in-class experience is combined with an exposure to real business operations through guest speaker sessions, industry and company visits. These events introduce you to numerous career opportunities.
• Career workshops & network : Modern career workshops, one-to-one counselling sessions, real business exposure. You will develop a network and relationships with peers, faculty, leaders and industry experts.
• Excellent employment record : our graduates hold key roles in industries and organisations in some of the world’s leading companies.
• Excellent place to work : Switzerland is 5th worldwide in career opportunities - HSBC Expat Index.
Geneva offers a world-class business environment and amazing career opportunities.
Application deadline : see
IFM offers 2 intakes per year in October and March.
To apply for the programme, you need to submit the following before the application deadlines.
• A completed application form
• A 300-400 word cover letter.
• Official Undergraduate diploma : Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Copies of academic transcripts and certificates (in English or French)
• A resume / curriculum vitae showing your profile and a minimum of 4 years of professional experience.
• For non-native English speaker, provide proof of your English proficiency.
• A copy of your passport photograph (ID) page.
• One recent passport-sized, color photograph, jpeg format, of yourself.
• A non-refundable application fee of CHF/EUR 150.-
Language test requirements : In-house IFM, IELTS (6.0), TOEFL (80 ibt) or equivalent.
You can find more information about the application deadlines, procedures, interviews, tuition fees, international students on web pages concerning admissions : see
You have followed a different path : We can evaluate your level and provide guidance.
• You will follow a curriculum tailored for professionals who are focused on having an immediate impact on their organisations and careers.
• You will obtain a life-changing qualification to boost your career.
• You will maximise your return on investment (ROI) thanks to the length of the course, the content, the tuition fees and the monthly format.
• You don’t need to put your career on hold. You can take all of your classes once a month. You will only be away from your job 3 days per month during 9 months.
• You have the ultimate opportunity to balance work, career objectives, personal life and studies.
• You can easily attend the programme even if you are not located in Geneva or Switzerland.
• You can choose from 2 formats : 1. Traditional on-campus.
2. Hybrid-learning model which alternates in-person (on-campus) and distance learning periods with live virtual classes.
This Executive MBA (EMBA) provides transformative knowledge and improves your skills. You will re-think the way you see the world, master new concepts and develop a global perspective. You will develop your personality and gain self-confidence.
Our Executive MBA is interactive and experiential, using a combination of case studies, group exercises, company projects and business simulations. The high-impact learning approach challenges you to turn modern management concepts into action.
You will learn from a top international faculty who are industry experts, entrepreneurs and senior managers selected from around the world to ensure educational excellence. They will share their passion and real-world expertise with you.
Your in-class experience will be supported by our cutting-edge digital platform. You will be able to attend live virtual classes. You will learn how to work on projects remotely. You will acquire new skills in virtual collaboration and in working with remote teams.
IFM is located in Geneva city centre, close to major transportation routes by air, rail or road. Geneva is one of the world’s most international and business-focused cities. Geneva is ranked top ten for the quality of life. > Life in Geneva
Kerstin Stallmann (USA), EMBA Class 2022
Ceo, CDR Sarl
A testimonial from an IFM Business School student who recently graduated. Kerstin Stallmann, Executive Master of Business Administration alumna : “ Professors are there to make you a better manager.”
Quentin Theiler (Switzerland), EMBA class 2022
Project Manager, SD Ingénierie
A testimonial from an IFM Business School student who recently graduated. Quentin Theiler, Executive Master of Business Administration alumnus : “I was really surprised by the level of the professors. There were managers from Airbus, Bayer, Procter & Gamble. So they came with a lot of practice.”
“The MBA at IFM allowed me to acquire a lot of new knowledge, essential for the continuation of my professional career. I benefited heavily from the education received from professors who have extensive professional and academic experience.”
“Facing the rapid globalisation of markets, the IFM MBA curriculum provides essential tools for understanding. Organised around classes with fewer numbers of students, the MBA programme at IFM favors interaction and exchange.”
“The curriculum of the MBA programme was really exciting and challenging at the same time. The teaching environment was very attractive as well. The professors’ academic and professional experience was really inspiring.”