This programme prepares you to enter the fascinating world of finance. Our industry-relevant degree gives an excellent grounding in all aspects of business and a sharp understanding of the global financial environment. You will gain in-depth knowledge of markets, products, investments and portfolio management.
The curriculum provides you with practical tools and strong skills in analysis, negotiation and strategy. Our programme prepares you to meet the current challenges of the sector. You will become aware of changes, the impact of technology and sustainability. You will become a professional who is able to think differently, analyse investments, measure risks, negotiate, create innovative strategies and achieve top performance.
This specialisation prepares graduates for top positions in various financial institutions including financial companies, banks, pension funds, brokerage firms and international organisations.
Faculty : You will learn from an international faculty who are industry experts, entrepreneurs and senior managers selected from around the world to ensure educational excellence.
• Accreditations : ACBSP, IACBE, EDUQUA
• Degree awarded : Bachelor of Business Administration (with specialisation in Finance)
• Credits : 126 credits us (189 ECTS)
• Length : 3 years
• 41 courses : including a wide range of subjects
• Format : 2 formats of studies : traditional on-campus or hybrid
• Study mode : full time
• Small classes : 20 students
• Excellent ratio : professor / students : 1 / 6
• Language : English.
We also offer a bilingual program (EN-FR)
• BBA students : 50% local & 50% International, 70% speak at least 2 languages
• 2 intakes per year in March and October.
This undergraduate curriculum focuses on your success and provides you with global perspectives, real-business knowledge and a modern vision of finance You will develop a global, sustainable and digital mindset.
The curriculum contains 38 core courses & 3 elective courses to choose from the specialisation.
Sample core courses
• Corporate Finance I
• Business Negotiation
• Statistics & Data Analysis
• Business Strategy
• International Economics
Specialisation : elective courses
• Investments & Financial Markets
• Portfolio Management
• Sustainable Business & Finance
• International Business
• Corporate Finance II
Preparing for your career
Our distinctive approach enhances your employability and helps you to become a professional who will easily adapt to the challenges of the business world. You will be ready to embrace top career opportunities.
• Excellent record : 90% of BBA graduates find a job or pursue advanced degree studies within 6 months after graduation.
• Experiential learning : Our Bachelor degree is interactive and experiential, using a combination of case studies, group exercises, discussions, project work and business simulations. The curriculum gives you real-life business skills.
• Real business exposure : The in-class experience is combined with an exposure to real business operations through guest speaker sessions, industry and company visits. These events introduce you to numerous career opportunities.
• Career & workshops : Modern career workshops, one-to-one counselling sessions, real business exposure and networking opportunities help create career opportunities for you.
• Jobs & Internships : We provide access to a variety of useful information : job ads, internship ads, job portals and guidance.
• Excellent place to work : Switzerland is 5th worldwide in career opportunities - HSBC Expat Index.
• You will study towards earning your accredited Bachelor degree, while enjoying an amazing transformative experience.
• You will follow a curriculum carefully designed to give your career a competitive edge and create career opportunities.
• You will grow personally and obtain a life-changing qualification to kick-start your career
• You will benefit from a modern curriculum.
• You will be well prepared for the workplace thanks to our programmes designed with input from business leaders and industry experts..
• You can choose from 2 formats : 1. Traditional on-campus. 2. Hybrid-learning model which alternates in-person (on-campus) and distance learning periods with live virtual classes.
“IFM provides the opportunity to meet excellent professors and to build a network while studying in the heart of Geneva. I have great memories of the classes and of the atmosphere amongst students. I would recommend it to any student looking for a good academic curriculum.”
“During my studies at IFM I especially appreciated being taught by professors with real-world experience ready to equip us with the skills to face real situations in our professional careers. IFM offers a great environment where teamwork is put into practice.”
“IFM has provided me with the tools necessary to face professional life. Courses are realistic and close to the requirements of the business market. Today I am proud and entirely pleased to have been a part of IFM.”
“IFM’s highly qualified lecturers give students access to real-life business cases. They provide personal and professional advice on how to manage a business and deal with problems. The programmes offer a very comprehensive and hands-on perspective covering business-relevant aspects.”
“Geneva is the ideal location to study a quality degree in finance management”
Patrick Odier, Senior Associate Director Bank Lombard Odier. Former president of the Swiss Bankers Association.