meta name="keywords" content="geneva international student information school business management university city switzerland" />
You are getting ready to study in a wonderful country and an amazing international city. Relax! Geneva offers top quality of life and welcomes nearly 150 nationalities. In addition, Geneva, city of peace, hosts 1,000 multinaltionals and hundreds of international organisations. The information below will help you prepare for your studies and your arrival in our beautiful city. Our team will be happy to help and answer your questions. > FAQ
We understand that you need to find a home in Geneva that’s right for you.
• IFM campus is located in the city center and the city has an excellent public transportation system.
• IFM does not offer on-campus housing.
• Our staff can provide basic assistance with housing. We offer a limited number of studios located 5mn. away from IFM.
• We also offer an external relocation service for this purpose (fees apply).
• Students should start their research as soon as they apply for a visa or right after receiving an acceptance letter from IFM
• A range of student accommodation, from student residences to apartments, is available below.
Swiss law requires Swiss and international students to be personally insured through an insurance company.
We suggest these insurances, which cover medical and hospital fees as well as medication under prescription.
Advisor Swiss Insurance SA *
Website : www.advisor-swiss.ch
International Student : see
Tel. +41 21 6207500
Opening times : 08h30-12h00 & 13h30-17h00
Tel. +4158 523 00 40
Groupe Mutuel *
Website : www.groupemutuel.ch
International students : see
Tel. +41 848 803 111
Opening times : 07h45-12h00 & 13h30-17h30
• Please note that companies are independant from IFM
• European Students & AELE
Students do not need a visa to enter Switzerland but they need a residence permit to live in Switzerland.
(Processing time 1.5 to 2 months)
• Other international students
If your home country is not part of the European Union, you need a student visa to come to Switzerland. Administrative procedures have to be dealt with by the Swiss Embassy or Consulate in your country of origin. IFM helps students with the procedure. (Processing time up to 3 months) • Visa information • Visa application form
• Caution : Swiss authorities must have evidence that a place has been reserved at IFM and evidence of sufficient financial means. Please note that the letter of admissions does not give access to visas.
All international students must announce their arrival to the Office Cantonal de la Population et des Migrations within 8 days & ask for a residence permit. (IFM students get a B permit)
Website of the Office Cantonal de la Population et des Migrations : website
Adress : Route de Chancy 88, 1213 Onex
Students have to prepare a file and bring it to the Office Cantonal de la Population that includes all documents mentioned below.
1. Your Passport and visa if needed
2. Your certificate of registration from IFM
3. 2 passport size photographs
4. A Curriculum Vitae
6. Financial responsibility form (in French only) and bank statement or proof of means.
7. State administration fees of approximately CHF 150.- to CHF 250.-
Non-European students have provided these documents for their visa application (except 1,3,7), however they should keep copies.
“The international setting of IFM was certainly the major positive side for me. I am still in excellent contact with
some of my colleagues from all over the world, enlarging business opportunities with people I actually studied with.”
“Never was there a more international and multicultural institution with the opportunity to gain so much. Thank you for the memories.”
“IFM provides the opportunity to meet excellent professors and to build a network while studying in the heart of Geneva. I have great memories of the classes and of the atmosphere amongst students.”
“IFM is very unique in terms of the social and academic environment. Very few universities can provide the kind of memorable and successful experience that IFM offered me.”
“My experience allowed me to grow in an international environment and become more open-minded. The variety of students in class allowed me to develop my team-working skills and facilitate exchange.”
At IFM, the sharing of ideas and cultures (50 nationalities) helps students form lifelong bonds.
1. We offer international students a welcome session and personalised attention.
2. We organise a visit of the neighbourhood on week one of the term.
3. We have an amazing location in the center of an international city, which is top ranked for quality of life. > life in Geneva
4. The IFM student club enables you to join numerous activities organised during the academic year
The letter of admission does not allow you to obtain a visa or residence permit.
Please read the different steps below:
1. Once you are accepted on the program, we send you an offer (admission letter) and a registration form.
2. If you wish to accept the offer, you must fill out the final registration form and send it back to us.
3. Pay the non-refundable registration and administrative fee as well as the advance tuition fees.
4. Then, we will send you the relevant visa support documentation and attestation of studies,
No. IFM admissions team has extensive experience with applications from around the world and each application is carefully analysed, considering results from other schools, professional experience, age etc.
Deadlines: International students living outside of Europe: complete applications must be received at least 3 months before the chosen entry period.
Financing: International students must show evidence of sufficient financial means (letter and/ or bank statement) to study.
International students holding a B student permit are allowed to work part-time in Switzerland. Contact us for further info.
• Yes, if they enroll in the hybrid programmes or in the Executive MBA programme and do not need a student visa or a permit of residence.
• International students must be enrolled as full-time students in our 100% on-campus programmes to obtain a permit of residence.
Are the tuition fees different for international students?
• Study fees for international students are the same as for local students.
• However, international students must pay the entire annual fees at least 60 days before the beginning of the year.
Does IFM offer financial aid or scholarships to international students?
• IFM is a private Business School and doesn't offer scholarships for international students.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.