Our Executive MBA delivers an intense transformational experience, provides new perspectives, changes your mindset, boosts careers and prepares you for the challenges of the modern business world.
IFM Executive MBA (EMBA)
Our Executive learning format is designed for professionals, executives, high-potential managers and entrepreneurs who want to take their career to the next level.
Our robust Executive MBA is a highly practice-relevant programme that focuses on your success. This pioneering curriculum provides you with advanced perspectives, new transferable skills and the best tools. You will develop a global, sustainable, and successful mindset as well as a distinct way of approaching business. While sharing your own professional experience and background among other professionals you will apply business principles to real-life situations, through a combination of case studies, projects, discussions, and business simulations. This new knowledge will have an immediate impact on your organisation. Our unique real-business approach will transform you into a multi-skilled modern manager. You will become able to think differently, manage projects, solve problems, enhance processes, design effective strategies, and make crucial decisions. You will be fully prepared to overcome the challenges of a fast-changing business world and society.
This amazing experience will transform your habits, develop your personality, and change your mindset to outshine your competitors. As it provides graduates with the DNA of great business, your sought-after MBA qualification can open up entirely new career paths in senior management or entrepreneurship.
• Accreditations : ACBSP, IACBE, EDUQUA
• Ranking 1 : ranked 4th in the world and 1st in Switzerland by CEO Magazine 2023 > more
• Ranking 2 : ranked #75 among the top Business Schools in the World in CEOWORLD survey 2023 > more
• Degree awarded : Master of Business Administration
• Format : Executive
• Credits : 50 credits CH/ US (60 ECTS)
• Number of courses : 12
• Duration : 10 months I Courses (9 months) + Action learning project (1 month)
• Convenient schedule : 3 days per month (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
• Flexible & adaptable : we may design a tailor-made schedule which integrates your professional commitments to your learning needs.
• Excellent ratio : professor / student : 1 / 6
• Language : courses taught in English.
• Small classes : our classes average 15 students to promote exchange, class interaction, team work.
• 2 intakes per year in October and March
Our curriculum has been revamped and now offers a mix of unmissable and new modern MBA courses to provides you with new skills and boost your career. It includes 12 courses and an action learning business project.
01. Accounting for Managers
02. Business Project Management
03. Competitive Business Strategy
04. Global Management
05. International Business
06. Managerial Economics
07. Managerial Finance
08. Managing & Leading Organisation
09. Managing in a Digital Era
10. Marketing & Consumer Behaviour
11. Negotiating Globally
12. Sustainability for Managers
Our unique real business approach provides you with new business perspectives. You will be able to think differently, manage projects, implement changes, create strategies, lead a team and make decisions. You will be prepared for any challenge you will face in your career.
• Invest in yourself : You will increase your earning potential and create career opportunities.
• Experiential learning : Our MBA degree is interactive and experiential, using a combination of case studies, group exercises, discussions, project work and business simulations. The curriculum gives you real-life business skills.
• Real business exposure : The in-class experience is combined with an exposure to real business operations through guest speaker sessions, industry and company visits. These events introduce you to numerous career opportunities.
• Career workshops & network : Modern career workshops, one-to-one counselling sessions, real business exposure. You will develop a network and relationships with peers, faculty, leaders and industry experts.
• Excellent employment record : our graduates hold key roles in industries and organisations in some of the world’s leading companies.
• Excellent place to work : Switzerland is 5th worldwide in career opportunities - HSBC Expat Index.
Geneva offers a world-class business environment and amazing career opportunities.
IFM offers 2 intakes per year in October and March.
To apply for the programme, you need to submit the following before the application deadlines.
• A completed application form
• A 300-400 word cover letter.
• Official Undergraduate diploma : Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Copies of academic transcripts and certificates (in English or French)
• A resume / curriculum vitae showing your profile
• A minimum of 4 years of professional experience.
• For non-native English speaker, provide proof of your English proficiency.*
• A copy of your passport photograph (ID) page.
• One recent passport-sized, color photograph, jpeg format, of yourself.
• A non-refundable application fee of CHF/EUR 150.-
*Language test requirements : In-house IFM, IELTS (6.0), TOEFL (80 ibt) or equivalent.
You can find more information about the application deadlines, procedures, interviews, tuition fees, international students on web pages concerning admissions : see
You have followed a different path : We can evaluate your level and provide guidance.
• You will follow a curriculum tailored for professionals who are focused on having an immediate impact on their organisations and seeking to create new career opportunities.
• You will acquire new perspectives and a successful mindset.
• You will study towards earning an accredited and top-ranked MBA degree and obtain a life-changing qualification
• You will gain the assets for a competitive advantage in a challenging job market.
• You have the ultimate opportunity to balance work, career objectives, personal life and studies.
• You don’t need to put your career on hold. You can take all of your classes once a month (3 days / month for 9 months), which makes it easier to work while you earn your degree.
• You will maximise your return on investment (ROI) thanks to the length, content and monthly format of the programme.
• Do you need more flexibility? We may design a tailor-made schedule which integrates your professional commitments to your learning needs.
• You can easily attend the programme even if you are not located in Geneva or Switzerland.
This Executive MBA (EMBA) provides transformative knowledge and improves your skills. You will re-think the way you see the world, master new concepts and develop a global perspective. You will develop your personality and gain self-confidence.
You will gain new perspectives and apply business principles to real-life situations by sharing the experiences part of participants backgrounds. The in-class experience is also enhanced by an exposure to real-world business operations with industry opportunities and tailored career advice.
Courses are taught by IFM international professors recognised for excellence in teaching, business and/or research. Our first-class faculty will share its passion, extensive experience and real-world expertise with you. They are dedicated and accessible.
You will increase your earning potential and create career opportunities. You will start growing your network by developing relationships with peers, faculty, industry experts and visiting speakers. You will benefit from dedicated coaching to help you achieve your goals.
IFM is located in Geneva city centre, close to major transportation routes by air, rail or road. Geneva is one of the world’s most international and business-focused cities. Switzerland ranked 'best country' in the world, US news survey 2022. > Life in Geneva
Kerstin Stallmann (USA), EMBA
Ceo, CDR Sarl
A testimonial from an IFM Business School student who recently graduated. Kerstin Stallmann, Executive Master of Business Administration alumna : “ Professors are there to make you a better manager.”
Quentin Theiler (Switzerland), EMBA
Project Manager, SD Ingénierie
A testimonial from an IFM Business School student who recently graduated. Quentin Theiler, Executive Master of Business Administration alumnus : “I was really surprised by the level of the professors. There were managers from Airbus, Bayer, Procter & Gamble. So they came with a lot of practice.”
“The MBA at IFM allowed me to acquire a lot of new knowledge, essential for the continuation of my professional career. I benefited heavily from the education received from professors who have extensive professional and academic experience.”
“Facing the rapid globalisation of markets, the IFM MBA curriculum provides essential tools for understanding. Organised around classes with fewer numbers of students, the MBA programme at IFM favors interaction and exchange.”
“The curriculum of the MBA programme was really exciting and challenging at the same time. The teaching environment was very attractive as well. The professors’ academic and professional experience was really inspiring.”